Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where does the time go?


So, it's been a while since I last posted.  I've been slammed with the new job, the kids, getting the house ready to (hopefully) sell, and everything else involved in living a full meaningful life.  Needless to say, I am exhausted, but it is great to being back to a busy life again.

I'm cool, I'm two now.

While a lot of time has passed since I last wrote, there has not been a whole lot going on.  Winter has come and gone, and spring is now in full bloom.  Miss Lala had a birthday and is officially a "terrible two".  Miss Giggles is also quite busy with activities.  She has a dance recital coming up and soccer season is here.  Once again, Daddy Nobucks is coaching and I had forgotten how much fun it is.  The weather had been so odd recently that we were only able to get one practice in, and it was a short one. Our first game was this past Tuesday, and we had a good showing.  The kids are a little older now, and it's really funny when they ask me if we won.  As a competitive man, of course, I know the exact score, and at what time each goal was scored I do not reveal this information to my star athletes.  A good coach always keeps them guessing.  I just tell them that we are only out here to have fun, and if you had fun, then we won.  I think they are on to me, and I may have to devise a new scheme to keep them guessing.  But in all seriousness, it is a lot of fun, and win or lose, we have a great time.
I wonder if these would fit Daddy?
Need I mention that since I last wrote the Cats made an awesome run to their first Final Four in 13 years!  We had a party at my house with just the four of us, and even though the outcome left a little to be desired, March was a fun month in my household.  Apparently, Daddy Nobucks is too loud for Miss Giggles and Miss Lala, but I just apologize and tell them to get used to it.  They'll come around sooner or later!
That's about it for now.  I promise I'll try to get back on a routine - of more than once a quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment