Monday, October 18, 2010

What a Weekend

Now THIS is the life!
 So, to set this up properly, we had decided we would stay home on Saturday because we had been out of town for the last three or four weekends.  Knowing that we had to go to my niece's birthday party on Sunday, we thought Saturday would give us a nice break to get some stuff done around the house, and the Cats were on T.V. so no big deal.  Well, my how things change.  First, I decided at the last minute to attend a party in Lexington and saw a lot of old aquaintances from my days as a Transy student.  While those days did not last very long, had I not attended Transy, I would not have met The Boss.  So, while academically this was not one of my finer moments, it has certainly paid off personally.  I even saw my freshman roommate, who was responsible for introducing me to The Boss.  You see, they went to high school together and hung out some during our freshman year.  She claims they were "just friends" - who am I to argue?  So, to make a long story short, we saw each other again a few years later, I asked her for her number and the rest is history.  I'll leave out some minute details that may embarrass her, i.e. her asking her friends about me.  Of course, she will deny this, but this is my blog, and the only place in the world where I can write whatever I want - within reason.  I may be King here, but I'm not stupid.  So, after the party we headed back home for our soccer game the next morning.
At the soccer game, we got absolutely destroyed.  The Boss and I had talked after last game about my inadequate coaching skills and she had chastised me for my non-existent defense.  So, I instituted a defense for this game.  It didn't matter.  We got shredded.  It seems that every team, but ours has one stud that scores at least five goals a game.  Our kids are not bad, they are just smaller and less experienced.  Plus, at this age, one good kid can dominate a game.  So, we got dominated again and Miss Giggles had her first injury.  Our old neighbor's kid, who is on our team ran into her knocking her down, and her head hit the ground pretty hard.  She was done for the game - mentally not physically.  Oh well, at some point, like 9-1 you just have to laugh and realize they are just kids and who really cares, it's Under 6 Soccer.  My mom had come down for the game, so we went to lunch with her and then went home to take a nap and get ready to watch some football.  Then the phone rings.  It was my uncle with two tickets to the Cats game.  As I stated earlier, we were NOT going to Lexington today.  So, I told him to let us talk about it and then I'd call him back.  The Boss said she did not want to go, but asked Miss Giggles if she did, thinking there was no way.  Well, she is my daughter, so she said YES!!!  I called him back and said it was hard enough for me to say no to the Cats, and I definitely could not say no to Miss Giggles.  So, we packed up and headed to Lexington.  Well, I'm glad we did because we stomped the 'Cocks, ending two horrible streaks.  It was awesome.  Miss Giggles was great during the game and lasted until the end.  Of course, it helped when I just kept pumping her full of sugary treats.  Her diet that night consisted of: ice cream, popcorn, cotton candy, a chocolate granola bar, and gummy fruit snacks all washed down with a Coca-Cola.  I know, great parenting right.  What can I say, I was desperate to stay until the end.  She was a real trooper and I couldn't have been prouder of her, or the Cats.

Do I have anything in my teeth?
So, we headed home again, turning around on Sunday and heading back up to my niece's birthday party.  Both Miss Giggles and Miss Lala were exhausted due to our hectic weekend, and crashed on the way back home from about 6 to 7.  We got a pizza and went home to watch some T.V. (Mad Men Season Finale) and crash on the couch.  Now it's Monday and things are back to normal.  The girls are still tired, so they should take a killer nap today, which will give me ample time to continue the job hunt.  I've got an interview on Wednesday and have talked to a couple of recruiters so hopefully things will start looking up here soon.  With that, it's time for lunch, so I must go.  Stay tuned and hopefully I'll have some good news next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment