Thursday, October 28, 2010

A "Fury Us" Weekend

Team Fury Fall 2010

"Kids, I want them to hear us in Corbin"
 So, this past weekend saw the end of Miss Giggles' rookie year in soccer.  It also coincided with the end of my first year of coaching my child in a sport that I care much more about than she.  What truly concerns me is the fact that she is much more interested in the boys on our team, and the other teams, than actually engaging in the sport.  Everybody laughs about this and says "Oh, you're going to be in trouble".  Somehow, I am failing to see the humor in this, and I am looking for any way to curb this behavior before it gets out of control.  If anyone has any advice, feel free to leave a comment.  Otherwise, I will continue to trod through my life as a father of two, extremely social little girls.  I guess they get that honestly. This weekend also saw me planning on staying home again.  However, on Friday, Meat called with an extra for the UGA game.  At first I declined.  The plans were to stay home and they would stay that way.  I'm a man of my word, right?  Well, Meat and Don began a texting tag team on me.  The mere thought of me missing this game was unfathomable.  After all, the Cats were in position to win the East now.  The Boss, knowing this, and knowing that I have a serious problem when it comes to the Cats, asked me if I really wanted to go.  After twisting my arm, I admitted that, yes, I did want to go.  What a wonderful woman.  I called Meat, and he answered the phone with a simple "yes".  He knew why I was calling, and knew that I would call and change my mind.  Sometimes I think that my wife and friends may know me better than I do.
Needles in the haystack?

So, with a trip to the game also came a trip to the pumpkin patch.  We made a return trip to Evan's Orchard in Georgetown and the girls had a blast playing, petting, and posing. 

Get off me you old goat
Miss Giggles went down the big slide all by herself after a little coaxing, and I took Miss Lala down a few times as well. 


The only problem was the lack of rain in Central Kentucky made me feel like I was in the middle of the Dust Bowl during the Depression.  Nonetheless, we had a great weekend and now we look forward to Halloween weekend, and a trip to Keeneland on Miss Giggles' birthday.  Nothing like October in Kentucky!

Miss Lala's response to "show me your boogers"


No comments:

Post a Comment