Saturday, September 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy Nobucks!!!

What more could I wish for?

So, I've had a fairly busy end of the week and I am trying to get caught up on everything.  Let me start at the beginning of the week.  Tuesday was my 33rd birthday, and as far as birthdays go, I must admit, it was not the best of days.  All was well until about 5:15 when I  got the call that I did not get the job I had interviewed with last Friday.  So, that defintely put a damper on the rest of the day.  Up unitil then, it had been alright.  Earlier I baked my favorite cake - Gigi's Deep Dark Chocolate Cake, and the girl's even helped me . . .lick the bowl.  This cake is pretty awesome, and so rich you need a gallon of milk to wash it down. 
These women love chocolate
Second, Miss Giggles had a soccer game that evening, so I had to put on my happy face at 6 o'clock and coach my team.  Again, things started well for us, the other team only had 5 or 6 kids and we had our full complement of players.  Thinking that we could wear them down, I was substituting a lot, keeping fresh legs on the field.  Of course, at that age how can everyone's legs not be fresh, right?  Well, in the fourth quarter, this kid on the other team, just decided to take over, and scored 3, 4, or 5 goals on us in about a five minute span.  It was such a flurry that I could not keep up.  I've never seen a five year old take a team on his shoulders at the end of a game, and single-handedly beat another squad - but I never saw Pele at five either.  Needless to say, it was impressive.  So, not only did I not get a job, but my team got thumped.  Oh, and I almost forgot the best part.  Their coach was a no show, so I got out coached by some soccer mom that came out of the stands and took on the responsibility.  Is it possible for an under 6 coach to be on the hotseat?  Happy Birthday to me . . .
Along with that the World Famous Chicken Festival is this weekend.  I must admit that this is always a fun event, because I can partake in some of the best people watching to be found.  You've seen the people of Wal-Mart e-mails, wait until you see The People of the World Famous Chicken Festival.  Stay tuned.

Go Team Fury

No comments:

Post a Comment